Anime Cafe'
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this forum is all about anime and manga stuffs...!! this will be the forum site where all anime addicts unite!!! ^^

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cosplay Do's and dont's

Go down 
+2
俺 は エッチ。
kurokami02
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kurokami02

kurokami02

Cosplay Do's and dont's Empty
PostSubject: Cosplay Do''s and dont''s   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:35 am

This is for newbies and pros alike.... XD

DO's

* DO Bring something to carry your stuff in (a sturdy backpack would be helpful ^^)
* DO Remember to hydrate and eat. Nothing is worse than passing out or getting the shakes because you haven't had anything to eat or drink all day. Eat and drink often throughout the day - your body will thank you.
* DO Bring an emergency sewing kit if cosplaying. If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong. Needles, thread, hot glue gun, pins, tape, velcro, hair bands, bobby pins, extra paint or fabric, band aids, etc. Be prepared.
* DO Be polite. Saying "I'm sorry" when you bump into someone is common courtesy. Asking to take someone's picture is common courtesy. Saying "Excuse me," "Please," and "Thank you," should be second nature by now. Not standing in the middle of the aisle where you are blocking the flow of traffic is common decency. Please be polite at cons, or many people may not like you too much and let you know it.
* DO Bring comfortable shoes in case your boots start killing your feet halfway through con, and for barefoot cosplays bring sandals for outside, your feet will thank you
* DO have an easy to find meeting place inside AND outside the dealer´s room in case you lose your group.
* DO Be mindful of wings, large props, big costumes in the dealers room or crowded spaces.
* DO shout out that you are a male/or Female (I know it sounds funny but seriously its a good idea, bad things can happen)
* DO please please please be polite and considerate toward other attendees.
* DO use the buddy system, as in try not to go places by yourself.
* DO keep your cell phone on you and check it frequently for missed calls.
* DO wear shorts if wearing a short skirt
* DO wear something underneath (e.g. nude-colored shirt) when wearing a revealing top
* DO bring a change of clothes should your costume get ruined, and you cant repair it with said emergency kit (unless you are carefull and made extra costume peices should this happen)
* DO Be prepaired to wait in lines that will become VERY long. Ask any one who have been to a convention and they will tell you that there are lines.
* DO Bring something to keep you busy while you wait in line. For example PSP, DS Manga DVD player etc etc.......
* DO Leave your problems at home. Cons are vacations to get away from your real life and forget you even have problems. And it is not fun for your friends to drag you around while you're being emo.
* DO Bring some cooling items, such as a pocket fan, drinking water, umbrella, etc. They will be invaluable while waiting in a long line, and if you end up outside the convention building because of it. This is especially true of summer conventions within cities, where temperatures are considerably warmer due to heat reflecting off of buildings.
* DO Bring more money than you planned (you never know when there are emergencies and such)
* DO Look at the convention schedule and circle all the big events you'll be watching or participating in.
* (BIG DO) If you cosplay a costume with no pockets, figure out ahead of time how you're going to carry around your wallet/lip balm/snacks/waterbottle/etc. Friends don't like being drafted as your pack mule.
* DO Add at least ONE hidden pocket on your costume, if possible. Coats and jackets and shirts can all have a decent sized pocket hidden in them.
* DO Take good care of your skin. Make sure to scrub every part of your body, especially in areas such as the inner elbow, neck, and the back of your knees. I can personally tell you all that it is not a pretty sight to see trace amounts of dead skin accumulate on the collar of a white shirt you have as part of your costume. Plus, Taking care of your skin makes for great looks!
* DO Keep an eye on your possessions. Things can be gone in the blink of an eye in a crowded hallway. ;_;
* DO Plan ahead so you don't rush around and stress yourself out.
* DO kneel if you're in a costume that's allows you to bend down or sit. this helps out the whole group during picture time when everyone has to squish together.
* DO redo your make up! after a hot convention day your face will be definitly shiny and what not from the make up you're wearing! (and that looks just &%@xhbafkj on pictures Oo even if your costume is outstanding)
* DO be patient if you wanna take a picture of someone who's already posing for other photographers and can't pose for you just like you want him/her to. it needs a little time to take a picture^^°

DON'Ts

* DON'T Be hyper-active. Yes, it's a convention, they're fun, but being over-hyper-active can be destructive and incredibly annoying.
* DON'T Go anywhere with strangers. Especially not if you're a minor...don't even go with a group of people you know. One large adult can overpower several minors.
* DON'T Argue with convention staff. They know a lot more about what's going on behind the scenes than you do.
* DON'T bug a cosplayer for pics with him/her when s/he's eating or in a conversation.it's just plain RUDE! also, ask permission first if you can put an arm around his/her shoulder or do a hug, not all cosplayers are comfortable with such a close gesture. (respect their privacy as you would want yours to be respected)
* DON'T Touch other people's costumes without asking. If I spend 3 months and P5000 making a one of a kind costume and you run up and put your grubby hands all over it and break something, I'm going to be mad. Save yourself the trouble and be polite toward cosplayers and their efforts at all times. This also goes for "glomping" cosplayers when they're in costume. Too many people will destroy costumes because they exert no self control and tackle people out of childish fanaticism.
* DON'T Throw things at people. This means food, props, wads of paper, anything. It's just rude.
* DON'T Run. You can do a lot of damage running around a crowded convention center. Plan out your day so you don't have to hurry anywhere and cause a ruckus. People will appreciate that.
* DON'T Stalk others who may be cosplaying from the same anime (its annoying seriously) unless your asked by the person/group if you would like to join.
* DON'T Look down on another cosplayer for not having a perfect cos (I personally hate people who do that) i.e. compare your accurate cos to their inacurate cos... always show respect to fellow cosplayers.
* <while crossplaying> DON'T just walk into a bathroom while you are crossplaying the opposite gender, some bathrooms are in public places with people who will have no clue.
* DON'T tell cosplayers that they suck and there cosplays look like garbage. Some people take pride in there cosplays no matter what they look like.
* DON'T Freak out if things are going wrong. Things will always go wrong, you just have to try and make the best of it and enjoy yourself anyway!!
* DON'T Swing your props around. Keep them holstered/secured/sheathed to avoid hitting anyone.
* DON'T Let any of your props be even slightly susceptible to being flagged by staff. Secure everything, even if it's as insignificant as an adjustable stock.
* DON'T "ninja photograph", meaning say 'thank you' to the people who allowed you to take pictures of their cosplay
* DON'T be an attention whore. -_- we all want compliments...but you don't have to "whore" yourself out for them
* DON'T Overdo the body sprays, perfumes, calognes, etc. Heavy perfume smells make people sick and give them headaches. Think of being trapped in an elevator for ten floors next to a woman who dumped half of the bottle of her favorite perfume on herself. I'd rather smell BO ^_^;;;;;;;
* DON'T Hold playfights or other skits where you'll be in people's ways. They're fun to watch and even more fun to participate in, but no one likes to be whacked in the head by a stray bokken.
* DON'T Buy or bring large items if you'll have no choice but to carry it around all day. Trust me, they get heavy after a while.
* DON'T Act like a five year old hyped up on candy. It grates on peoples nerves to see you spaz out loud on the billionth Sasuke cosplayer you've seen.
* DON'T Stay in-character if you go outside the convention in cosplay to get a bite to eat or pick up emergency suplies. Just don't.
* DON'T have a real close contact pose with a cosplayer unless given permission. some costumes have delicate peices and props that can be damaged by an over-excited 'pose-r' (hehe)
* DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Buy a costume and then enter it into a craftsmanship contest and say YOU made it. That is so incredibly insulting to those of us who put hours and hours of labor into our costumes, and we end up losing to someone who didn't even make their own costume. And if you're found out (entering a purchased costume in a craftsmanship contest), you will be in HEAPS of trouble, my friend.
* DON'T pose in front of a smaller cosplayer than you during a group shot. i feel so bad when i see this happen too; the shorter person gets totally blocked out of the picture ;_;
* DON'T tackle, kick, or throw shit at full body/ large suit cosplayers (and i've seen this happen too). it's 100% disrespectful. there is nothing funny about being assaulted.
* DO NOT for the love of GOD ever scream out "Kawaii!" "Desu" whatever random Japanese word of any sort or Chat speak. First of all, it makes you look uneducated, and it's simply annoying. Other people have ears, and they expect to keep their hearing. Also simply screaming out is annoying and makes other people want to punch someone, which usually involves the person yelling it.
* DON'T Throw on some random clothes and call it an original character. This will annoying the people who spent lots of money and time on their costumes.

--------------

credits to: cosplay.com

XDDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.ariemabla.multiply.com
俺 は エッチ。
Admin
俺 は エッチ。

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:00 am

stickied
Back to top Go down
rhenmaru

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 2:03 pm

do....ligo haha
Back to top Go down
keito.rin018

keito.rin018

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am

Do?
ofcourse practise your moves and etc..
Dont XD
simple dont be shy while ur cosplaying
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/rinren018
sarahjaneraine

sarahjaneraine

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:13 pm

always... SMILE!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://xisangelraine.deviantart.com/
keito.rin018

keito.rin018

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:30 pm

ano pa ba...dont act as super OA na XD u know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
iko-kun

iko-kun

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:07 pm

* DO shout out that you are a male/or Female (I know it sounds funny but seriously its a good idea, bad things can happen)
^
I LOLed Laughing

* DON'T bug a cosplayer for pics with him/her when s/he's eating or in a conversation.it's just plain RUDE! also, ask permission first if you can put an arm around his/her shoulder or do a hug, not all cosplayers are comfortable with such a close gesture. (respect their privacy as you would want yours to be respected)
^
Agreed ._.
I first experienced that during Ozine 2k9 ~_~.... They didn't stop bugging us until they got our pic DX.... We're eating for gods sake DX Mad
Back to top Go down
http://lifeofanotaku.multiply.com
keito.rin018

keito.rin018

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 8:42 am

umh. ^ kea nga privacy! agree me dyan

Dont take a pic while eating without permission xD~
Back to top Go down
俺 は エッチ。
Admin
俺 は エッチ。

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 pm

i got something to add to this...

mind your own business and don't be a damn critic cause a con event is for everyone... i think members here already know why.... ^__^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosplay Do's and dont's   Cosplay Do's and dont's Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosplay Do's and dont's
Page 1 of 1